Monday, April 22, 2024

Introduction (the why)

Introduction (the why) 


I thought I would publish in a blog a series of communications I have been having with a good friend of mine from high school.

These communications were in the form of text messages and cover Biblical and Christian content or commentary.

If someone happens to stumble upon this blog and read, this will hopefully explain the format and the why, what, etc.

Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Please realize if you are not saved, it is simple (it is simple to get saved in this age of grace, it is just a bit hard to live out the life that God would have us live- but that of course does not determine your salvation).

Once you realize that you are not good, that you have fallen way short, that you are a sinner and need a saviour, and you realize that God sent his only begotten Son to die in your stead, Paul tells us in 1 Corinthians:

1Cor 15:1-4
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Believing that Christ died for YOUR sins (i.e. you are a sinner), AND that he was buried and ROSE AGAIN the third day (i.e. raised for your justification, never to die again).

it is really that simple.

Grace and Peace.

AH.2024.04.22

No comments:

Post a Comment

pre-Second Thessalonians

We are about to embark on Paul's second epistle to the Thessalonians, titled: Second Thessalonians . Technically, I had finished First T...